- New vignette demonstrating the package’s functionality (#40).
- Additions and clarifications to documentation following @AndySouth’s suggestions for JOSS peer review (#38).
us_cities() now returns an
sf object rather than a data frame (#36).
us_cities() gains a
states argument to match other functions in the package (#35).
- Citation to JOSS paper.
- Moved most data to USAboundariesData. This improves loading time and permits more frequent updates to the user-facing package.
- Added state plane projections table and functions (@jfbratt). Now users can get an appropriate projection for a state.
- Converted all boundary objects to
- Updated all contemporary census boundaries from the 2014 to the 2016 versions.
- Added zipcode tabulation area centroids.
- Added historical city populations compiled by Erik Steiner at CESTA/Stanford University.
- Added contemporary boundaries for states, counties, and congressional districts.
- Import many fewer packages. The
us_boundaries() function no longer has an option to return a fortified data frame. It is assumed that users will convert the
SpatialPolygonsDataFrame objects to whatever format they need.
- High resolution data is now available in the USAboundariesData package.
- Fix to README.md as requested by CRAN.
- Initial release.
us_boundaries() returns an sp object or a data frame which can be plotted.